NMT renews structural homeostasis by restoring normal physiological functioning among muscles, nerves and the musculoskeletal system, effectively breaking the pain-spasm-pain cycle.
When muscles are injured, the surrounding fibers and fascia become short and tight, which causes pain.
What is Wellness? – Wellness is a dynamic concept of interrelated areas of a person’s life, including emotional, intellectual, occupational, spiritual, social and physical. Wellness is an active, life-long process that involves expanding your knowledge, skills, values, practices and supportive environment, increasing your ability to enjoy a balanced and fulfilling life.
About the therapist.
Cindy L. Semet, B.A., L.M.T., C.N.MT.
Cindy received certification in massage therapy from the Chicago School of Massage Therapy. After studying with Paul St. John, she received certification in the St. John method of Neuromuscular Therapy. Currently, she is the owner and director of the Center for Pain Relief, and she treats clients with pain-related conditions, including carpal-tunnel syndrome, TMJ disorder, whiplash, headaches and soft-tissue injuries of the neck and back.
- Owner and director of the Center for Pain Relief, 1990 to present
- Developed and directed a wellness program for LaSalle Bank, 2000-2005
- Chair of Education and Treasurer for the Illinois chapter of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Worked with patients suffering from TMJ dysfunction at Randhurst Dental Associates, 1995-1999
- Developed a massage therapy program at West Lake Community Hospital, 1990
- Taught continuing education to massage therapists at Illinois Valley Community College and AMTA